A selection of documents relating to sanctuaries, debt, prisons and imprisonment, in the British Isles, in order of date. For British laws, see under Statutes.
- c.1700: The most deplorable CASE of many Thousand Persons Imprisoned for Debt in the Kings-Bench and Fleet
- 1712: The Deplorable Case of the poor People in the Mint
- 1737: The case of insolvent debtors confined in the several goals of this kingdom.
- 1753: Reasons humbly offered for an Act of Relief.
- 1790: The Rules of King’s Bench Prison.
- 1795: The Rules of the King’s Bench Prison